What to Bring to Shelter
Where to Enter the Shelter
- Personal Identification
- Personal medication for a 2 - 4 hour period
- Small flashlight
The shelter entrance is located on GOETHE STREET on the east end of the Ellinwood Grade School building just north of the semi-circular driveway. The wheelchair accessible sidewalk leads to a brown door. A monitor will be at the door. Volunteers will direct you to the band room. The shelter phone number is (620) 564-2750.
Storm Shelter Guidelines
- Upon entering the shelter individuals must remain in the shelter until the ALL CLEAR is issued by local authorities.
- Courteous and quiet behavior is important for all in the shelter.
- Walk to the shelter if possible as vehicle parking is very limited. Car pool if possible.
- NO PETS, except for medically necessary and credentialed.
THE SHELTER WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO OUR CITIZENS WHILE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION OR DURING SCHOOL SPONSORED ACTIVITIES.