Municipal Court has jurisdiction of violations of City ordinances for traffic cases, certain criminal misdemeanors, and other types of cases such as violation of nuisance codes, building codes and parking violations.
Municipal Court Judge: Charles Pike
Preparing for Court
What to Bring to Court
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
- Proper identification (driver’s license or Kansas ID)
- Your copy of the citation
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge’s orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment – money, checkbook, or credit/debit card (a $3.95 convenience fee will apply)
- Provide the court with your current address
Additional Court Information
- Appropriate dress is required. No hats. Shirts and shoes are required. Please silence cell phone.
- First appearance will be to enter a plea to the charge(s). If a plea of not guilty is entered, your case will be set for trial at a later date.
If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court may issue a warrant for your arrest. For more information or questions contact us at (620) 564-3161.
Kansas Driver’s License Status Check:
Kansas Department of Revenue Express: